Engineering Inspection insurance
Engineering inspections are important to ensure that your machinery and equipment are safe for your staff to use. In fact, it is a legal requirement for a competent person to regularly assess certain items.
Below are a list of some of the inspections we currently carry out for our clients:
- Goods lifting equipment from container lifters to window gantries
- Passenger lifts (including stair lifts, car parking systems)
- Pressurised boiler systems
- Other lifting equipment (including forklift trucks and cranes)
- Items involving the use of wires, chains, ropes or hydraulics
- Compressors and pressure systems
- Electrical installations
An inspection will involve a competent person visiting your premises on a regular basis, where they will assess the necessary machinery and equipment. They will then produce a report of their findings which will need to be made available to you, any prospective purchasers, solicitors, mortgage lenders and/or the Health & Safety Executive.
The report will confirm which items have passed the inspection, meaning they adhere to current, legal safety standards; and which have failed and require remedial action to enable it to pass. You have a duty to take steps such as placing notices on equipment which failed the inspection, advising the public and/or employees that it cannot be used. Further inspections can be arranged once you have addressed the issues associated with the failed items.